Proper golf decorum is vital in the game. However, many novices overlook its importance and even professionals sometimes seem to forget. For beginner golfers, learning golf protocol is as crucial as finding best beginner golf clubs before starting the game. Maintaining good golf etiquette not also brings you rewarding experience but also makes the game more enjoyable.
- Make sure that no one is close to you before swinging the club. Likewise, keep yourself in safe distance while others are performing their swing.
- When practicing, do not swing in others’ direction. There might be twigs, pebbles or other things that could rise up and harm other golfers.
- Never strike the ball if the group in front of you is not out of the range. In case your ball is about to head to another golfer or group, shouting out “Fore!” to warn them.
- Drive golf carts carefully in accordance with the safety instruction. Try to keep your golf cart out of the grass.
- Don’t ever violently throw clubs. It is not only being rude but also possibly injures other players.
Being courteous on the course
- Being ready when it comes to your turn in order to keep the game running in good pace. Do not slow other players down.
- If another player is playing from the tee, don’t tee your ball if he has not finished.
- Always keep silence and stand still when another is performing.
- Don’t spend too long seeking for lost balls, particularly if the group behind you is already prepared to start. If you are playing slowly or insist seeking the lost balls, let the group right behind play through.
- Try to catch up with the group in front of you. Let faster group play through if the space ahead is open.
- Always get out of putting green immediately right after your group have done putting.
Taking care of the course
- Never slide, drag your feet or run on the putting green.
- Don’t forget to rake a sand bunker after you have played from it to get rid of your footprints.
- Repair divots as well as ball marks made by your ball on the green. Avoid getting divots when practicing your swing.
- Don’t put your golf bag on the green. Carefully return the flagstick into the hole after finish putting.
Wearing appropriate golf attire
- Men should wear shirts with collars, and better to tuck into their trousers or shorts. Female’s shirts are not necessarily to be with collars, but need to be modest.
- Shorts are permitted but should be upmarket. Do not wear your gym shorts and denim shorts. Women are allowed to wear modest skirts or skorts and men usually select knee length shorts or trousers without cuffs as they can catch dirt and grasses.
- Use suitable golf shoes. Boots, sandals and running shoes are considered inappropriate. Also ensure that you use shoes with soft spikes, because golf shoes with metal spikes are prohibited by virtually every course.
- Hats are necessary in a sunny day. They protect you from the heat and may enhance your vision under the sun.
- Jackets or sweaters are popular choice for golfers in a cooler day.
Shaking handsand congratulating
Finishing the round, don’t forget to shake hands with your adversaries and sending congratulations to either the winner or players showing their improvement. This indicates good sportsmanship. At this time, any disagreement in the round should be dispelled and it is a good idea to go out for a meal or a drink to talk everything over. This is a great way to finish the game.
My name is Mark Parker and welcome to my world. You can find a lot of experience in golf here as I am a golf lover and my life is just about golf. I often search information and learn from other people who have the same hobbies with me.